Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Did I do that? (insert Erkel voice)

Blank stares and mumbles. My brain is mush. I can't remember what I did yesterday. Wait how did I get to work today? Who knew being a Mommy would make you feel like you just got back from a 3 day bender in Vegas? But at least when you get back from Vegas you can crash for 24 hours of solid sleep and couch time. I haven't had a solid 8 hours of sleep in over a year. Sleep deprivation is taking its toll.

It’s amazing how well you do actually function on no sleep. On auto pilot most days. Routines are key. Although, I have managed to forget to put on mascara 3x times now. Eyeshadow with eye liner, no mascara. I wouldn’t recommend this look. But how I manage to not notice until I’m taking off my make-up at the end of the day, puzzles me every time. Do I really fail to look in the mirror while washing my hands each time?  Maybe I just walk around with my eyes closed.......

Yesterday was my first really hard day. I couldn’t comprehend what people were saying to me or put together sentences. So if you had any interaction with me I apologize and really don’t remember talking to you. Earl sent me to bed right after dinner. I hope I get sent to bed early tonight too……

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, being a mother is hard but it's the best thing ever too. Unlike you all I ever wanted to be was someones mother. My time spent wasting my youth on partying and boys who I no longer remember their names ended with my teenage years,thankfully. You will hopefully continue to grow and be less cosumed with yourself. Someday you will be an adult who truely cares for people. Good Luck on your jouney!!!

    ReplyDelete