Monday, October 26, 2009

The idea of you.

It happens all the time.  Boy meets girl.  It clicks.  Feels so right.  Girl starts planning their future.  Boy starts planning on how to get in her pants.

That's the big difference between men and women.  Although, I will say, I have met men who acted more like a female that I do.  Which at times isn't saying much since I'm like a guy....but with really big boobs.  Anyhow, getting back to my point...we as women make the mistake of making an imaginary future life with men the minute we meet them.  Making plans in our head of how things are going to be.   Then being hurt when the guy doesn't do what we made up in our heads.  How twisted is that???

It's because you fell in love with the idea of him.  You don't know him or what he's all about.  So the enamored feeling you have for him isn't real.   It's like when you're a kid and read about prince charming...you love the idea of a man on a horse coming to save you.  But this is reality.  It doesn't work that way.

People in general need to stop forcing things in life.  Let things happen organically.  Don't project your past onto new people in your life.  Be secure with who you are.  Get to know people...I mean really get to know them.  Let them show who they really are.  Then fall in love with the true them...not the person you think they are.

1 comment:

  1. I wish someone gave me that advice about 10 years ago... I learned that I really have done that way too much in the past. It took me until I was about 28 to learn that. Recognizing it is step 1. Not doing it (which is waaaay harder) is step 2.

    ReplyDelete