Saturday, December 26, 2009

2009: The Year of the Douchebag

I've heard that how you bring in the new year sets the tone for your entire year.  If I didn't fully believe it before, I do now.

Last year I was invited to NYC for NYE by a douchebag.  I wanted to go to NYC so bad that I sacrificed my morals and ignored my gut instincts and accepted.  I've been paying for that trip heavily since.  The payments started in NYC.  I cried at least 2 days while there, was scared for my life on more than one occasion and had to keep my mouth closed and not speak my mind.  I was sad to leave NYC but happy to be away from bad company.

But the payments for my choice didn't stop there.  My year has been plagued by douchebags.  It's been an ongoing theme of the year.  I can't escape it.  The levels of douchebagness have varied but when it all comes down to it....douchebag after douchebag.

So this NYE, I'm spending it with my friends I love.  I need to set a new tone for 2010.  Because another year like this one and my faith may be gone.

2 comments:

  1. Just forget about 'El Douche and Le Douchez'. lol.
    Also you should use a word I have found quite fun to use: "douchebaggery".

    Enjoy the new vocab!

    @MatadorRTN

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete