Sunday, September 6, 2009

Looking forward to that morning....

"I woke up one morning and felt what I knew I could never feel with you."  Ouch, that would hurt to hear. I just finished watching 500 Days of  Summer.  It made me think, think a lot.  I'm that girl.  I get involved with someone and say "I don't want anything serious."  And also freak out when I'm asked to put a title on it.
It's my fear of pain, heartache and loss speaking.  It's easier to act stand-offish than to get involved and get your heart broken.  But it's also the fact that I'm waiting for that moment...that feeling, that knowing moment.  That person I'll never have a doubt about.
But then I wonder....is that even possible?  To meet someone and never have any doubts about them being the one?
I'm so looking forward to the morning I wake up and just know...knowing that this is it.   I can't imagine my life continuing without this person in it.  To wake up and not be scared anymore, withdrawn and have my walls come down.

3 comments:

  1. You Will. you have such beautiful thoughts that theyd be a waste if they didnt come true. They will. I hope you are having a good holiday weekend. I also wish you the best on this search, so many of us never look at all; but. I believe things do happen for a reason. Sometimes in fucked up ways but it's all meant to happen with who it's happening with and im honored i was meant to beoome your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I am going to marry a woman that leaves no doubt in my mind that she is 'the one'.

    And we have a shitload of issues and problems.

    But we have so much more LOVE.

    I know that i would rather have problems and love with her than anyone else on this planet. Without a doubt. She is worth every effort it takes to make it better, to make it work, and to make it last one more day.

    We always look at today, and how we will make it better than yesterday. And that is how we look forward to tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, i think it is very healthy to be scared. The stakes are high.

    My favorite roller coasters are the most terrifying ones. The thrill of survival is what gets me right back in line for another go-round.

    I hope you have the most beautifully dangerous, spine chilling and thrilling ride of your life. Just get in line with someone you want to experience it with.

    ReplyDelete