Monday, February 8, 2010

Slow down I just wanna get to know you.

It seems like everyone is in such a rush to "fall in love". And it seems like you don't care who it’s with; you'll just make it work. Great love takes time and work. Forcing something that isn't there is a waste of energy.


Jumping to convo's of when we fall in love, what our kids will look like, etc will make me shut down instantly. Yes, I do want all that. But if I haven't met you, let alone talked on the phone, those are shut it down conversations. The only thing you know about me is what I wrote on my page.

In your defense, I'm sure a girl in your past has told you these are the things she wanted to hear from you. And now you are over compensating. But she probably said she wanted to hear these things from you after you were already in a relationship. Not at the first encounter.

Think about it men, if I came at you and said, "Oh my god, we'd make beautiful babies together! We should totally go to dinner, get married and just start making babies now!", you'd run for the hills. It comes off as desperate and needy.

What I’m looking for is a perfect fit and then we’ll have those conversations after some time. Stick to what I like to do for fun, etc. Sure go ahead and ask if I want the marriage and kids stuff….but don’t start planning our wedding….just yet.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously Steph, you somehow figure out a way to meet all the winners. That's just sad and pathetic. ;)

    ReplyDelete