Monday, September 14, 2009

The "what if" girl.

"Remember (insert name)?  I met him (insert number) years ago at (insert random location).   We hung out for a while/few times/talked about going out and never did.  Well he called last night.  So random."  I can't even tell you how many times I've said this to my friends.

Am I the "what if" girl?  That girl that always sticks in your mind and you wonder about?  What is it about me that lingers with you?  And no these aren't booty calls.  These are calls from people in my past, checking in, seeing where I am at in my life.  The you came into my mind today and I wanted to see how you were calls.

These calls always spark the imagination, the what if's start flowing.  I start rethinking what actually happened between us.  And why things ended in the first place.  We didn't end on bad terms.  Honestly, none of my "relationships" do.  Things just tend not to work.  Different place, different time.  But when they call, I tend to wonder; is this the different place, different time? Sometimes, I'll meet up with them to catch up.  And I can tell you, not once have I felt that this was our time now.  My tastes have changed or they have changed.

It's crazy how much I've changed in the past 3 years.  Things I used to be attracted to, not so much anymore.  Damn, I'm growing up!  :)

But what these calls do give me is closure.  It gets rid of my what if's.  And closing the door on your past is the sure way to your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment