Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy 4th Birthday Sophia!




Hard to believe that my little lady turned 4 years old! We planned a surprise trip to Disneyland....you know how hard that kind of secret is to keep in???? The week leading up to the trip she started asking if we could go to Disneyland. Hubby thought she was onto us. I had to remind him that she is only 4 and isn't mature enough to play off a ruined surprise. HA!
I told her we were going to visit Grandma's house in San Diego and we'd have a little party there. She seemed a bit sad about a party with no friends so I quickly threw together a cover party before we left town. Of course, a Frozen themed party. All the decorations were from Amazon and the cute little themed labels were from Pinterest. Everything came together so easily and turned out super cute.
Now I love cooking but I haven't done much baking so I did cheat and buy a cake mix in a box. Madhava Chocolate Cake Mix from Whole Foods. Seriously try it!! I did make a homemade buttercream frosting. Not only did it taste amazing but I NAILED the color with gel food-coloring.
At the end of the day, I had a very happy little girl. Simple party that left the biggest smiles....that is until she saw we were at Disneyland!







No comments:

Post a Comment