Thursday, April 8, 2010

Twitter = crush killer

Never before have we had this much access to our celebrity crushes. As little as 5 years ago, the closest we got to our crushes was in the magazines. We would imagine the lives they were living and picture ourselves in them.  Then came the celebrity blogs and sites where we could instantly keep up to date on our favorite stars.  They get arrested, we knew!  They cheated, we knew!  TMZ took it to a whole new level and brought us the gossip on TV!  Not only do we have pictures but now video catching them in their human moments.  The picture we painted of our idols suddenly became tarnished and jaded.  They make mistakes likes us and look awkward grocery shopping like us.

Then came Twitter.

Not only do we have the paparazzi catching people in these not so flattering situations, they are putting themselves on blast, to the world, by themselves!?!  Are you kidding me??

We have a direct connections to our biggest crushes now.  I don't need to watch Cribs to see into their houses, they post pictures on Twitter.  Filming a movie, shit, I'm on set.  Having a fight with your partner, not only do I get video of it from TMZ, but I can follow your craziness, sitting on their doorstep, waiting for them to get home and then screaming.  I get video and your crazy asses fighting with each other on Twitter??? You can even go as far as to webcam your crazy ass dancing in lingerie and falling while dancing on a chair and claim "You're sober".  Sure.  I think you're sane too.

My crushes have been crushed by Twitter.  These babbling idiots have killed it.  I fell in love with the rolls you've played.  Now that you've shown who you are, yeah, good luck!  My prince standing below my window with a boombox playing "In Your Eyes", is now standing there babbling about some shit he heard on Fox News Radio.  Sorry kid.  I might have to shoot you, run down and change the station.  Thanks for being a dream killer.  And good luck with your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment